The campanaria Tower
It has a square base of 6 meters and a height of about 45 meters. The belfry has ogival mullioned windows and a concert of 10 bells.
Originally it had a gable roof and a height of 16 meters. In 1716 it was raised to 30 meters with a concert of 6 bells.
Its present height has been reached in 1845 with the parish priest Carlo Sessa which brought the bells number at 8 and he did it, as he wrote, " ... not for any glitz or pump , but , I had the pure necessity, because the concert is broken, for two cracked bells, and the tower is very low, so that 50 farms and more distant from the Parish can not hear the bells sound."
In 1845, the top of the belfry was crowned with seven Ghibelline battlements on each side.
The battlement was typical of the medieval fortifications and served to protect against spears and arrows when besieged but also for shelter when fought back.
From the battlements it was possible to see the "political" orientation in the village. Bruschini, the Lodi engineer, despite coming from the earth that had as bishop St. Albert Quadrelli, endowed the tower Ghibelline battlements when Rivolta was a Guelph village in the Middle Ages.
The bells concert, together with the castle was completely renovated after the Second World War. During the war, five of them were handed over to the Royal Prefecture of Cremona to be melt for " military use ".
On September 4, 1949 Archbishop of Cremona, Giovanni Cazzani, in the presence of the parish priest of Rivolta, the clergy and all the population, consecrated the entire concert in "classic do" imposing their "sacred and auspicious names " : St. Stefano first martyr , St. Albert , St. Mary of the Assumption , St. Sigismund king , St. Apollonia, St. Lawrence martyr Saints Fermo and Rustico martyrs , St. Catherine, the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, St. Homobonus.
They are all names of saints venerated in the village. The main bell ( St. Stephen ) was donated by the parish priest Msgr. Renzi, the second one ( St. Albert ) by Rivolta population.